BibTeX databaseThe Github repository njhigham-bib contains a BibTeX database of all my papers, books, EPrints, articles, etc. Direct links: njhigham.pdf, njhigham.bib (requires strings.bib). Complete list of all my publications with links and BibTeX entries (via BibBase: may take a few seconds to load).
- Multiprecision algorithms for computing the matrix logarithm. (with Massimiliano Fasi). MIMS EPrint 2017.16, May 2017.
- A New Analysis of Iterative Refinement and Its Application to Accurate Solution of Ill-Conditioned Sparse Linear Systems (with Erin Carson). MIMS EPrint 2017.12, March 2017.
- Creating a Standardised Set of Batched BLAS Routines (with J. Dongarra, S. Hammarling, S. D. Relton, P. Valero-Lara, and M. Zounon). In Proceedings of the Fourth Workshop on Sustainable Software for Science: Practice and Experiences (WSSSPE4), G. Allen, J. Carver, S.-C. T. Choi, et al., editors, volume 1686, CEUR Workshop Proceedings, 2016.
- Computing the Action of Trigonometric and Hyperbolic Matrix Functions (with Peter Kandolf), SIAM J. Sci. Comput., 39(2):A613-A627, 2017.
- A proposed API for Batched Basic Linear Algebra Subprograms (with Jack Dongarra, Iain Duff, Mark Gates, Azzam Haidar, Sven Hammarling, Jonathon Hogg, Pedro Valero-Lara, Samuel D. Relton, Stanimire Tomov, and Mawussi Zounon), MIMS EPrint 2016.25, April 2016.
- UManSysProp V1.0: An Online and Open-Source Facility for Molecular Property Prediction and Atmospheric Aerosol Calculations (with David Topping, Mark Barley, Michael J. Bane, Bernard Aumont, Nicholas Dingle, and Gordon McFiggans), Geoscientific Model Development, 9(2):899-914, 2016.
- A Catalogue of Software for Matrix Functions. Version 2.0 (with Edvin Deadman), MIMS EPrint 2016.3, January 2016; updated March 2016.
- Matrix Inverse Trigonometric and Inverse Hyperbolic Functions: Theory and Algorithms (with Mary Aprahamian ), SIAM J. Matrix Anal. Appl., 37(4):1453-1477, 2016. MATLAB codes on GitHub.
- Matrix Depot: An Extensible Test Matrix Collection for Julia (with Weijian Zhang ), PeerJ Computer Science, 2:e58, 2016. Usage statistics.
- Estimating the Largest Elements of a Matrix (with Samuel Relton), SIAM J. Sci. Comput., 38(5):C584-C601, 2016. MATLAB codes on GitHub.
- Bounds for the Distance to the Nearest Correlation Matrix (with Natasa Strabic), SIAM J. Matrix Anal. Appl., 37(3):1088-1102, 2016. MATLAB codes on GitHub.
- Anderson Acceleration of the Alternating Projections Method for Computing the Nearest Correlation Matrix (with Natasa Strabic), Numer. Alg., 72(4):1021-1042, 2016. MATLAB Codes on Github and MATLAB Central File Exchange.
- An Algorithm to Compute the Polar Decomposition of a 3x3 Matrix (with Vanni Noferini ) Numer. Algorithms, 73(2):349-369, 2016. MATLAB codes on GitHub.
- Ranking the Importance of Nuclear Reactions for Activation and Transmutation Events (with Wayne Arter, J. Guy Morgan and Samuel Relton) Nuclear Science and Engineering, 184(4):561-574, 2016.
- Matching Exponential-Based and Resolvent-Based Centrality Measures (with Mary Aprahamian and Des Higham), Journal of Complex Networks, 4(2):157-176, 2016.
- Restoring Definiteness via Shrinking, with an Application to Correlation Matrices with a Fixed Block (with Natasa Strabic and Vedran Sego), SIAM Review, 58(2):245--263, 2016. Codes on Github: MATLAB, Python. The MATLAB codes are also available at MATLAB Central File Exchange.
- Testing Matrix Function Algorithms Using Identities (with Edvin Deadman), ACM Trans. Math. Soft., 42(1):4:1-4:15, 2016. MATLAB codes on GitHub.
Papers by topic
The following list excludes papers under "Latest Papers" above.
- Correlation matrices
- Eigenvalue problems
- Least squares problems
- Linear systems, condition estimation
- Matrix functions and nonlinear matrix equations