BibTeX databaseThe Github repository njhigham-bib contains a BibTeX database of all my papers, books, EPrints, articles, etc. Direct links: njhigham.pdf, njhigham.bib (requires strings.bib). Complete list of all my publications with links and BibTeX entries (via BibBase: may take a few seconds to load).
- Squeezing a Matrix Into Half Precision, with an Application to Solving Linear Systems (with S. Pranesh and M. Zounon). MIMS EPrint 2018.37, Manchester Institute for Mathematical Sciences, The University of Manchester, UK, November 2018. Blog post.
- An Arbitrary Precision Scaling and Squaring Algorithm for the Matrix Exponential (with M. Fasi). MIMS EPrint 2018.36, Manchester Institute for Mathematical Sciences, The University of Manchester, UK, November 2018.
- A New Approach to Probabilistic Rounding Error Analysis (with T. Mary). MIMS EPrint 2018.33, Manchester Institute for Mathematical Sciences, The University of Manchester, UK, November 2018. Blog post.
- Harnessing GPU Tensor Cores for Fast FP16 Arithmetic to Speed Up Mixed-Precision Iterative Refinement Solvers (with A. Haidar, S. Tomov, and J. Dongarra). In Proceedings of the International Conference for High Performance Computing, Networking, Storage, and Analysis, SC '18 (Dallas, TX), IEEE Press, Piscataway, NJ, USA, 2018, pages 47:1-47:11. Blog post.
- Etymo: A New Discovery Engine for AI Research (with W. Zhang, J. Deakin and S. Wang), in Companion Proceedings of the Web Conference 2018, International World Wide Web Conferences Steering Committee, pp. 227-230, 2018.
- A New Preconditioner that Exploits Low-Rank Approximations to Factorization Error (with T. Mary), MIMS EPrint 2018.10, April 2018. Revised August 2018. To appear in SIAM J. Sci. Comput.
- Computing the Wave-Kernel Matrix Functions (with P. Nadukandi). MIMS EPrint 2018.4, February 2018. Revised August 2018. To appear in SIAM J. Sci. Comput. MATLAB software.
- Explicit Solutions to Correlation Matrix Completion Problems, with an Application to Risk Management and Insurance (with D. I. Georgescu and G. W. Peter). Roy. Soc. Open Sci., 5(3):1-11, 2018. See the blog post about this work at the Bank of England's Bank Underground blog.
- Adaptive Precision in Block-Jacobi Preconditioning for Iterative Sparse Linear System Solvers (with Hartwig Anzt, Jack Dongarra, Goran Flegar and Enrique S. Quintana-Orti). Concurrency Computat.: Pract. Exper., 2018.
- Accelerating the Solution of Linear Systems by Iterative Refinement in Three Precisions (with Erin Carson). SIAM J. Sci. Comput., 40(2):A817-A847, 2018.
- Multiprecision Algorithms for Computing The Matrix Logarithm (with Massimiliano Fasi). SIAM J. Matrix Anal. Appl., 39(1):472-491, 2018.
Papers by topic
The following list excludes papers under "Latest Papers" above.
- Correlation matrices
- Eigenvalue problems
- Least squares problems
- Linear systems, condition estimation
- Matrix functions and nonlinear matrix equations